Monday, May 3, 2010

4 weeks already?!

I can't believe I've been a mom for 4 weeks already. (ok, 4 weeks tomorrow, but she's sleeping so I thought I'd take advantage and update.) I can't believe that I'm in charge of this little person! It sounds so cliche, but it's true - I never knew I was capable of loving someone the way I love her. It's so hard to explain, but I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to meet her, and now that she's here, I'm complete. I am so content to just hold her and stare at her - even at 3am when she refuses to go back to sleep. (don't get me wrong, I WANT her to sleep, but even as exhausted as I am, I just sit and stare. haha)
And yes, sleep is definitely something that we want and need more of. She still has her days and nights confused, and nothing we try can convince her otherwise. She is such a good girl though that even when she's awake for hours in the middle of the night, she doesn't cry, she just sits and wants to be held. And you know what? I'll take it. I'm savoring every minute I have at home with my little girl because I know that September will be here way too soon and then I have to hand her over to daycare. (which I cannot even let myself think about because when I do I start to cry!)
Anyway, here are some pictures of sweet Sophia - I can't believe how big she is getting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment