Tuesday, July 6, 2010
3 Months
Time is absolutely flying by and no matter how much I wish, it won't stop! I can't believe she is 3 months old and in just 2 more months I will have to leave her at daycare. It breaks my heart to think about leaving her for most of the day with strangers. We have chosen a great place; one that we're really comfortable with and know people whose children go there....but it doesn't make it any easier. I wish that our county still offered the chance to take a sabbatical for a year and then come back. But this stupid economy has taken that away, and if I chose to stay home then I would not have a job to come back to. She and I are covered under my insurance, so I think we will try it for a year and see how it goes. If I absolutely can't stand it, then we can figure out what to do next summer. But the good thing is that she will be around other kiddos her own age, be doing fun art activities that, let's face it, she definitely wouldn't be doing with me (I can barely draw a stick figure!), and I'm sure there are other bonuses too...it might just take me a while to figure them out. Phew, sorry for the long rant...I never thought it would be so hard...and I still have 2 months to dread it coming.
Anyway, we've had a great beginning to summer. We've already traveled to Pittsburgh, Philly, New Jersey, and York. We have the only child in the universe that HATES the car. Hates to the point that she gets red in the face and screams to the point of choking herself. It is heartwrenching to hear, but we can't figure out how to help her. :-( We've tried pacifiers (she refuses to take one!), toys, mirrors, even one of us sitting with her, but nothing seems to work. She eventually tires herself out and falls asleep, but it's so sad...and makes for VERY loooong car rides. Other than that, she's a super happy baby and is the love of my life.
Right now she.....
~weighs a little over 12 pounds
~can sit up in her Bumbo chair
~loves being propped up on the couch so she can "watch" baseball with daddy
~coos, gurgles, and talks constantly
~smiles whenever we talk to her
~does great during tummy time - lifts her head really high
~has rolled from tummy to back a few times by accident, but not on purpose yet
~bats at her toys on her play mat and "yells" at them
~loooves the water! She screams anytime she is taken out of the tub or the pool. We have quite the water baby on our hands.
Every day is something new and I love waking up and seeing what she will do next. Here are some pics of our growing girl. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment