It has been a big month for Sophia....
She started daycare on Tuesday, September 7th and it was an emotional day for all of us. I cried pretty much non-stop for the few days before hand, and the entire day she was there. Luckily, the ladies there are wonderful and didn't mind my phone calls every few hours. Her 1st day was a little rough, but we expected that. The past 2 days have been much much better and everyone raves about how friendly and happy she is. Yea Sophia! :-) I've also done better and haven't cried when dropping her off and have only called twice a day. I will admit though, as soon as I am finished with my afternoon duty, I am out the door and on my way to get her.
Sophia got her first tooth a few weeks ago!!!! She was born with a cyst on her bottom gums, and while it has disappeared, it left her bottom gums a little thicker, so we had no idea she was teething. (Except for the excessive drooling, but we thought it was just a baby thing!) We were shocked when we found a little white dot one morning. She got her first cold along with her tooth and that was hard on all of us. She could only sleep for a few hours at a time and would wake up coughing and sneezing. We are just now getting back to her sleeping for a little bit longer at a time.
She is now getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth. CRAZY! I am SO not ready for her to be on the move. Hopefully she is content with the rocking back and forth for a while...but I know that's not the case. She seems to be very impatient and wants to get into everything!
She likes blowing "raspberries" all. day. long.
Her new favorite game is peek a boo. Especially when she is just out of the bath and getting ready for bed. She loves when Pat or I will hide behind the bed, poke our head up and yell "Boo!". She gets the biggest grin on her face and starts squealing. Cutest. Thing. Ever.
She really loves her puppies and they both love her. Lyla will lay by her and Sophia will reach out her hands and pet her. She also grabs her fur, but I make sure that I help Lyla escape before Soph can get a good handful. Lyla is so patient and sweet with her. Riggins on the other hand loves Sophia from afar. haha. He will do walk-by licks on her head, but if she reaches out to touch him he runs away. We try to put Soph on his back, and it's like a cartoon - his legs start scrambling, but he doesn't go anywhere at first. Then he shoots off running. We don't do it too often, because we don't want him to be scared of her, but we also want him to get used to her touching him. Here is Sophia loving on Lyla
Sophia loves Skyping with Grandpa and Grandma.
Sophia tried solids for the 1st time this month too! She looooves trying to put the spoon in her mouth all by herself.
I'm not ready for her to grow up so fast, but she's done so much this past month, I'm excited to see what this next month will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment