Saturday, October 9, 2010
6 months
Wow. 6 months old. "Everyone" says that once you have kids that time really flies. Well I guess there's a reason that "everyone" says that. I can't believe how fast the past 6 months have gone. We went to her 6 month apt on Thursday and everything is looking good. She weighs 14lb 15oz (29%) and is 26 inches long (61%). She got 3 shots and only cried for a few minutes. As soon as I was able to pick her up she calmed down.
Just like I feared, Sophia started crawling 2 weeks ago. 5 1/2 months old and she was crawling! Not army crawling, or pushing herself backwards, but honest to goodness crawling forward. It's the most adorable thing to see our little munchkin moving all around. Now that she's been at it for a few weeks she's getting faster and faster. And today she started pulling herself up onto her knees! She made it up on her feet once and then didn't know what to do once she was up there. Silly girl.
We got the okay from the pediatrician to start solids. (Shh. Don't tell her we already started rice!) But now we're going to start her on vegetables. We've been told to do all veggies first so that she doesn't get a sweet "tooth", so hopefully she does better than her mommy with eating her veggies. :-)
Daycare is still going really well. She gets really excited when we get there and starts kicking her legs. She smiles when she sees "her" ladies and I feel really good about the care that she's getting. Obviously it's not as good as she'd get at home, but I feel like it's the next best thing.
Here are some pics of what she's been up to this past month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment