I went yesterday to my 34 week appointment and my dr. said that everything looks "perfect". I go again in 2 weeks, and then I will start my weekly visits. This visit, Dr. D. said she is guessing that we are having a boy, because I look like a basketball is shoved up my shirt. (But last visit she said I looked like I was having a girl...so I think she's trying to throw me off!) Either way, according to the books, baby is now about the size of a cantelope and weighing around 5 pounds! No wonder I'm starting to have a hard time moving! One of my kiddos said to me today "Mrs. Crum, I bet you can't wait until that baby comes out so you can be skinny again!" I just had to laugh - if he only knew that my 1st goal is to just get up from a seated position without getting out of breath!
In some ways I can't believe how quickly the end of my pregnancy is coming, but in other ways I feel like I've been pregnant (and will be pregnant) forever! My ankle swelling is pretty much always there now, and my face is beginning to look fuller....I know this is to be expected, but it's still a little hard to get used to.
On a "not complaining about pregnancy" exciting news note - I had my baby shower this weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. My mother-in-law and 2 sister-in-laws hosted it for me and they did an awesome job. The restaurant was great and the food was delicious. Patrick and I are completely blown away by the generosity of our family and friends. People came from all over, and even though I didn't have time to visit with everyone for as long as I would have liked, it seemed like everyone there had a great time. We received so many things for Baby Crum that we still haven't had a chance to go through everything. We're feeling WAY overwhelmed with where to put things away and how to organize all of the things that we're going to need. Having a real, live baby in our arms is starting to become more of a reality - I hope we can be ready for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment