Today I have officially made it to full term. That means Baby Crum could decide to make his/her debut at anytime. Unfortunately (for my swollen ankles and numb hands), most 1st babies go past their due date, not before. BUT my appointment went really well today - I've made more progress since last week - and Dr. D said that I am favorable for a selective induction if Pat and I decide that's the way we want to go. She won't do it until late in my 39th week, but it's an option if Baby Crum has decided to make my body it's permanent home and I just can't take the discomfort anymore.
I've heard lots of horror stories about inductions, and only a few positive ones, so I'm really hoping that our little decides to come on his/her own before the official due date so that I'm not tempted by the induction. I have to admit, knowing a specific end date - knowing that the swelling, back aches, numbness, etc. will come to an end has me toying with the idea...but I want to make sure that baby is fully developed and ready to come.....it's a tough decision to make.
Anyway, only 4 more days of work and then I can relax and spend all day long over analyzing every twinge and pain and trying to decide if I'm in labor. During spring break week I plan on trying to walk a lot to help move things along. The only problem is, I can only make it about 7 or 8 houses down the block before I have to turn around to make it home to use the bathroom! I don't know how much progress I can make with only walking a few houses down, but if I do it a few times a day, maybe it will help!
And no, I don't have a mammoth baby in there. I remembered to ask today, and she said baby is only 6ish pounds now and she's estimating that he/she will be around 7 1/2 to 7lb 12 oz. when born. We'll see how accurate she is! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have my fingers crossed that you do not have a mammoth baby :) I'm getting induced...I'm nervous but heck, I don't want a 10 pounder LOL.
ReplyDeleteI was just trying to remember what my guess was for the baby? I CANNOT remember if I said girl or boy and I cannot remember what day I guessed either... So I am guessing again. This time I am guessing a girl and she will be born next week. My daughter-in-law's birthday is the 7th. I think that might be a nice day or the 9th sounds like another baby day for some reason (probably because I don't want to wait much longer and I know you don't either). Good Luck!
ReplyDelete